FAQ & Support
How to use MyECGMD
- Create an Account
- Upload your ECG
- ECG Analyzed by Our Expert
- Get your Detailed Results
Frequently asked Questions
a. Device-Specific Instructions
i. Apple Watch – Instructions
ii. Withings – Instructions
iii. Alivecor – Instructions
b. Email your ECG to email@example.com, you will receive a reply email once your ECG has been received
c. Use the link in your reply email or go to MyECGMD.com, and log in to your account to submit and pay for your interpretation
a. Yes! My ECG MD is compatible with the iPhone and Apple Watch.
b. On your iPhone
i. Open the Health app.
ii. Tap the Browse tab, then tap Heart > Electrocardiograms (ECG).
iii. Tap the chart for your ECG result.
iv. Tap Export a PDF for Your Doctor.
v. Tap the Share button to print or share the PDF.
vi. Choose email and send your ECG to firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Additionally, My ECG MD is accepting submissions from
i. Apple Watch
ii. AliveCor monitor
iii. Withings ECG Watch/Monitor
iv. please email us a email@example.com if you have a device you are not sure about.
- All ECGs we received are reviewed and interpreted by our Experts.
- The state you select should be the state you are in at the time of submission, this will default to the address that you use to create your account. However this does not have to be the same state as the address you use to create your account.
Will my ECG tell me if I am having a heart attack?
No, we are unable to tell if you are having a heart attack from a single lead ECG. If you believe you are having a heart attack, call 911, and seek immediate medical help.
My ECG interpretation says something is possibly abnormal? What do I do now?
We have tried to break down interpretation into simple Red, Yellow, and Green categories. Green means your ECG is normal or contains common findings. Yellow means your ECG has findings that need further evaluation by a medical professional.
Red means your ECG has findings that may be dangerous and we recommend immediate evaluation by a medical professional.
How long does it take to get back my interpretation?
Our goal is to return all ECGs within 24 hours of submission. If you have not received your interpretation within 24 hours please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
My ECG interpretation says I have ______, is this an official diagnosis?
At this time we are unable to make a diagnosis based on the data from these ECGs. These interpretations are information for you and your healthcare provider. We recommend any findings here be discussed with your doctor for further work up to be pursued if needed.
My ECG interpretation is yellow. What do I do now?
Please do not call or message us in reference to specifics of yellow findings. We do not have doctors available to take calls and there is very little our support staff is able to do over the phone. Yellow findings need further evaluation by a medical professional, we recommend making an appointment with your doctor to discuss if anything further needs to be done
My ECG interpretation is red. What do I do now?
Please do not call or message us in reference to red findings. We do not have doctors available to take calls and there is very little our support staff is able to do over the phone. Red findings are potentially dangerous, we recommend immediate evaluation by a medical professional.
How do I submit an ECG for Review?
We currently have 2 options to submit ECGs.
Option 1: “Send to your doctor method”
- Most devices have a send to your doctor option when you create an ECG; just email it to email@example.com, it is easiest to save MyEcgMd as a contact on your phone for future uploads
- You will receive an email, letting you know we received your ECG and uploaded it to your account
- Follow the link in your confirmation email or log on to your account, to review your ECG and submit it for interpretation
Option 2: “Upload your ECG directly”
- Submissions can be made on the ECG Upload Page
- After uploading the file, you will be taken to the billing page
I emailed my ECG in but it did not show up in my account?
Please check a few things:
- It may take several minutes for your ECG to show up, so please be patient
- Your ECG is assigned to your account, based on the email it is sent from. If you submit your ECG from an account other than the one associated with your MyECGmd account, it will not show up, please resubmit from the email associated with your account.
- If you continue to have problems, please contact us for further support.
What devices are compatible with MyECGmd?
Currently, we are accepting ECGs from all consumer devices capable of submitting an ECG via email. This is a rapidly growing field, so it is possible there are devices out there that we are not able to work with. The current know compatibility list includes:
Withings ECG Watch/Monitor
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a device you are not sure about.
How do I submit an ECG from my iWatch?
iWatch submission instructions – Instructions
Email your ECG to email@example.com
Your ECG will be assigned to your account based on the email it is sent from, if you sent it from an email account not associated with your MyEcgMd account, then it will be deleted.
Who will be reviewing my ECG?
Your ECG will be reviewed by one of our Experts.
Is my information protected?
As discussed in the user agreement, after you have submitted your ECG, all of your information is stored in compliance with HIPPA regulations.